Friday, October 9, 2009

Japan Day 4

The last and final day of our trip to Tokyo. I just want to note that I am stellar for even having much of a last day. Our plane left the airport at 3ish so we had to be there at 1 or so which left very little time to sightsee on the last day. Not to mention the fact that we also didn't get in until 5am...A couple drinks turned into maybe one too many.
Anyway, I got up at 9 and tried to squeeze in as much as I could before I headed home. The first thing I did was go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Office. They have a free observatory from their 60th or something floor. It was nice. One of my favorite things to do is to see the city from up above. This was nice.
After that I headed over to a really huge garden called Shinjuku-Gyoen. It is a large park with an eminent garden in Shinjuku and Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. It was originally a residence of the Naito family in the Edo period. Afterwards, it became a garden under the management of the Imperial Household Agency of Japan. It is now a park under the jurisdiction of the national Ministry of the Environment.The imperial gardens, which were once meant for the royalty, were completed in 1906, and destroyed in 1945, during the later stages of World War II. The jurisdiction over the Imperial Palace Outer Garden and the Kyoto imperial garden was transferred to the Ministry of Health and Welfare (now part of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) with Shinjuku Imperial Gardens in 1947.Basically I just wanted to see one of them there traditional gardens in Japan that everyone keeps talking about...
Then we got on the magic fairy (notice not ferry ㅋㅋㅋ) and headed for home. Not before snapping a few more picks of the Toyko skyline though!

No comments: