Friday, September 12, 2008

This one's for you mom :)

So I called my mom tonight and found out that yesterday while she was playing golf she got a hole-in-one. For all you non-golfers out there, that means she hit the ball (The size of the golf ball, according to the rules of golf is as follows: diameter of the golf ball 1.680 inches or 42.67 millimeters and weight of a golf ball 1.620 ounces or 45.93 grams) 173 yrds or 159 meters into a hole (4 1/4 or 108mm diameter). That is impressive! Not to mention that the statistics on holes-in-one are daunting. One insurance company puts a PGA Tour PRO'S chances at 1 in 3,756 and an amateur's at 1 in 12,750. My mom probably wouldn't be considered in either of those categories although she is a damn good coach (so are/were you too dad...). Anyway, it is an amazing feat. Oh, and did I mention that my brother and father also both have at least one hole-in-one? Yeah, that's me bragging about my awesome family, love and miss you guys!