Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hmmm

So I have been pretty busy lately and I am now getting to the things that I have been meaning to write about. First I wanna talk about parking in Korea. It is a little different than back home. Take a look at this photo.
Notice anything strange? Like how the cars are double parked? In Korea it is not really frowned upon to park like this because a lot of people park thier cars like this. The nice thing is that most people "park" their car in neutral and then it can easily be pushed out of the way...cool huh?

The next thing is that I had dong dong ju for the first time last night. I thought I had had all the different kinds of Korean booze but now I have to add another to the list. Dong dong ju is a wine that is made from rice. It has a kind of sweet taste and is milky in color. It is usually served in a bowl like below.


I made chili. It was pretty hard to find all the things I needed to make it. I made it with two cans of kidney beans, can of corn, hot sauce, chicken broth, canned tomatoes and ketchup. I mixed it all together in my crockpot and it was yummy! I think it would've been better with sauted onions and celery and some chili seasoning.

Lastly is a new website I have been spending a lot of time at. It is mysoju.com. This website has a ton of Korean movies and TV shows on it with English subtitles! It is so amazing for me so I can study Kroean more.

Well that's it. How are you doing these days?

No comments: