Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

So today is Thanksgiving at home. I honestly didn't really miss the day that much, just my family. We talked about Thanksgiving and its begining in class today. I am missing my turkey, as many of you know I do not get to have a turkey this year because they are soooo expensive! But I am having a Thanksgiving party on Saturday. I will be having chicken instead of turkey :(
Anyway I was really hungry so I made kimchi jigae. Basically it is kimchi soup. If you haven't been reading all along, kimchi is a cabbage that is stuffed with spicyness and served as a side dish for all meals. To make the soup you add tuna and water and a couple spices and boil for a while. It is delicious! I ate it with some rice that I made in my rice cooker.
Ingredients:

Finished soup:


Another sad/happy note. One of our teachers is leaving (sad note). The happy note is that after being here for almost 4 years she has accumulated some amazing things that she can't take with her, like a DVD player and a teapot. I am sooo excited, now I can watch movies and play on the computer at the same time!

Other than that: what am I thankful for? I am thankful for mine and my families health. Although I can't be thankful for being with them this year (I am not with them...)I am thankful that I can and will see them again some day. I am also thankful for the opportunity to travel and see the world even though it takes me far away from my family and friends. Plus I have an awesome job that pays enough. Last but not least I am thankful for my friends here and back home. Both have been doing all they can to make things easier on me. Here my friends (Korean) are helping me with ANYTHING that may have a language barrier issue and (Foreign) are helping me with any of the issues that they have had and how to deal with day to day life in a foreign country. At home my friends have done an AMAZING job of keeping in touch and letting me know what is going on in their lives. I can't tell you what you all mean to me and if I'm not seeing you almost everyday then I can tell you that I wish I was. That isn't all that I am thankful for but that is all that I can rememer right now...Lots of love, count your blessings and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: