Monday, November 17, 2008

Cold

Last night it was really cold...and windy. Today it is 23 degrees Fahrenheit. Last night it was colder and windier...Anyway I finally turned on my heat last night. Dad, you will be happy to know that it is set at 65 and yes I closed all 2 of my windows.

I took a picture of a rose that I saw growing all alone that made it through the first frost this morning.

This is a picture of the leaves that fell off the trees due to all the wind. It is like a solid inch thick of leaves...

Basically it is getting really cold these days.
Also, today we were teaching where different types of transportation go (the train goes on the tracks, the boat sails in the water, etc...) and I came across spaceship and said "the spaceship goes in the air" and my 4 year old promptly said, "teacher a spaceship doesn't fly in the air, there is no air in space..." and I was like OMG this kid is right...Anyway, just another way that my kids amaze me.

3 comments:

Erica said...

I love that picture! Also, 65 sounds cold to me. Brad always sets the thermostat at 72--pretty excessive, I think.

Amanda Tedesco said...

Erica, which picture? Also, my dad would be proud because I wouldn't be using a lot of heat...It is cold and yes 72 is excessive...

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is hilarious what your student said and your reaction! Love it!