Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Friday

To start our weekend of fun in the sun we went to a Parade. Marine Barracks Style.
 The Commandant and Assistant with their wives.
 Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon.

It was a nice ceremony in DC where Gary Sinise (LT Dan, Forrest Gump) was honored as an Honorary Marine for all the giving to various military groups through his band LT Dan Band.

After that Brian and I went home and packed. We decided that we couldn't wait to get to the beach so we started our trek.

4 Hours Later (Saturday)


It was beautiful and epic and we needed to get breakfast and toys and beer.

So then it looked more like this

In case you are old (mom) YOLO means "You Only Live Once". 

So Brian and I decided to follow the advice.

First we played sand volleyball, where I was taking it easy and hitting the ball back. Brian advised that YOLO and dive for the ball. Where I found the most dangerous particle in the sand...
my cut leg. That isn't blood trickling down my leg, that is the length of the scratch. 

After that I wanted to take it "easy", Brian decided he would YOLO and chase some waves, a little too far, into a rip current or between two of them. Unaware of the procedures a lifeguard had to go out and save him. Crazy.

You think that we would be done with the mother nature trying to warn us...turns our all she wanted was my flipflops and sunglasses which I lost both of by the end of the day.

We also had horrendous sunburns that are starting to peel as I type. 

Believe it or not we still had an epic time at the beach!!!

Sunday

We did pretty much the same thing. Minus most of the painful injuries and epic rescues.
Safety first pool time at out house...


Monday

We decided to visit the sand dunes. They are some of the biggest dunes ever! Seriously. I felt like I was in an episode of the Star Treks, like in the beginning where Darth Vader eats R2D2 and Dr. Spock gets all mad.

Clair and I looking for a sand snake...

 Sand does weird things to people. Must. Get. Water.

Then we went home and it was sad.