Sunday, February 15, 2009

Domestic Diva

Lately I have decided to be Vegan. Not for animal rights or anything like that but because I like soy milk, tofu and I never have milk or eggs. I acctually got the idea because lately I have been wanting to bake but too lazy to go to the store when I am out of milk, eggs or butter and instead I use the handy-dandy internet to find vegan recipes. Last week I made vegan pancakes which I swear are better than reagular pancakes. Then today I tried chocolate chip cookies. I used crushed up pieces of milk chocolate that I got yesterday so technically it isn't 100% vegan. They turned out ok, (they tasted better the next day than fresh out of the oven).

I also made a loft of bread. This actually may have been the best bread ever. It was chewy and delicious and really easy.

I also had a tofu salad sandwich. Really it was better than chicken salad. So yummy!


Also, I have done a really good job of keeping my plant alive! It is actually starting to have flowers! I am excited.

Then I spent the rest of the night with friends in Hongdae for a double birthday party.(American rednecks aren't the only people who leave up Christmas lights past Christmas...)

We went to an ice bar where the whole room was ice and our drinks came in an ice glass. It was an awesome place to hang out but we didn't stay long...After that we went to another club and then went home around 6 and it started snowing!

4 comments:

jilllenz said...

So where are the links to these really good vegan recipes?

The cookies and bread look really good!

Also, what kind of plant do you have? Where did you get it?

Love, mom

Amanda Tedesco said...

I just googled "vegan blah, blah" and would get a ton of recipes. The ones I like the most are from recipezar.com. The bread however I typed in "vegan big bread recipes" and it is the first one. I halved the recipe (for obvious reasons) and used brown sugar in place of the turbinado. I try to find recipes that use mostly water or oil for the wet ingrediants othewise I have to go out and buy egg and butter and milk replacements which is the whole reason I am "being vegan" in the first place, so I do have to go shopping...I'm not sure what kind of plant it is, I bought it on the street from some lady...

Erica said...

I love recipezaar. I'm not vegan, but I have pretty much stopped drinking cow milk except for cooking sometimes. Not that you've tried it here, but do you think it's easier there? I would guess that it is...

Amanda Tedesco said...

Erica, I love it too! I actually can't believe that you don't drink milk...Weird and yes it is much easier here. A lot of foods already are vegetarian and meat and dairy play such a small role in the diet here. But in general if you are going out to eat for a celebration the meals centers around meat and since most people share one big dish for dinner it is hard to avoid meat sometimes if you are trying to...