Saturday, September 27, 2008

Soccer, Shopping and Sightseeing on Saturday

Today I rang in the cool weather with a soccer game. Two of my older students had a soccer game today and I went. It was a ton of fun. They won the first 2 of 3 games and told me that if they won the 3rd game they would get a big trophy. I had a good talk with one of the moms. It was nice to know who owns the kids I teach...Anyway some pictures, the video is of the end of the game "handshake", I just thought it was neat.





Then I had some kiwi bubble tea. The word "bubble" refers to "bubbling", the process by which certain types of bubble tea are made, and not the actual tapioca balls. The balls are often called "pearls." Drinks with large pearls are consumed along with the beverage through wide straws, which is the type I had. The drink to me tasted more like kiwi juice than like kiwi tea..It was awesome either way.



We also went to a place (Seoul Norimadong) that has traditional performances every weekend during the summer. We saw a couple bands that were like drumlines. They had dancers or other member of their group do some gymnastics. Then we also saw a dance group. It was an amazing experience!




No comments: