Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fun Stuff

Last night I went to maybe the coolest restaurant ever. It was like a gourmet pizza place, which for me would be enough. But that wasn't the best feature. The best part of the restaurant is that it had a wine buffet. We could sample like 6 different wines then which ever one we wanted to drink we could have a whole glass of and take it back to our table. Needless to say awesome idea and lead to a no so great morning headache. There was an hour time limit for the wine buffet, but we were there for the whole hour...After being there for a while the waitress brought over a piece of tiramisu as "service". I have a picture:Then we walked around a bit and came to these sculptures. It's kinda hard to tell but they are covered in ivy. The picture doesn't really do any justice for how neat it is in real life...And after that we went to a Hof, bar with food and then I died...
Today I picked up my visa for Vietnam and I can't believe that this time next week I will be in another country!!! I am soooo excited! On the way home I went to a "bakery" because, well I was hungary. I had no idea what this was but it made the place smell great so I got it. Turns out it is called Delimanjoo. "It has golden sponge cake outside and creamy custard inside. The tiny snack cakes molded in the shape of miniature ears of corn are standard street and subway station fare in South Korea where they were created in the late 1990s." -QSR Magazine
These are pictures I took...soooo delicious!

8 comments:

jilllenz said...

Ok, the tiramisu made me hungry, more so than the little corn things! The girls golf team is doing well, they got 4th out of 14 teams, beaten by Rock Bridge, Kearney, Lee's Summit and Marceline. We beat Cameron, Hamilton and Gallatin to name a few! Thought you might remember some of those teams. The won a match against Barstow but only because Barstow only has 3 girls. Yeah, all 3 girls have their own PGA pro that came to the match with them. I told my girls to suck it up and spend some money a get a pro! We play Sacred Heart on Monday and have a good chance of winning! That would make my season!

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
With all your eating and drinking, how much weight have you gained?

Love Dad

Amanda Tedesco said...

Mom, wow I can't believe the team is doing so well!!! Must be their coach...Good luck in taking on Sacred Heart!
Dad, haven't you read my other posts? I have lost weight since I've been here...Love you too

Anonymous said...

I know that's what you told Grandma mut can you really read a scale in Korean?

Love dad

Amanda Tedesco said...

Dad, yes I can read a Korean scale. Numbers are the same here...Doesn't matter though, I can tell because all my clothes are too big...

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an awesome day, going to visit statues similar to wrigley field because of the ivy and eating a gormet twinkie. thought you would find this post entertaining

Amanda Tedesco said...

Jason?(I assume)I can't believe you compared anything in Korea to Wrigley...The Cubs suck and Korea doesn't they are worlds apart.

Anonymous said...

yea sorry i forgot to leave my name

-jason